Professionals Resource Network, Inc. (“PRN”) is an operator of the State of Florida’s impaired practitioner program. Through the program, PRN coordinates and manages the evaluation and referral of licensees and licensure applicants to approved treatment programs and treatment providers and then monitors the progress of program participants. The purpose of the program is to serve impaired and potentially impaired practitioners for the protection of the health, safety, and welfare of the public, while also supporting the health and integrity of Florida’s healthcare professionals and harbor pilots. PRN does not provide direct patient care. There is no night or weekend call.
Working at PRN offers great opportunities. It includes a blend of superior administrative and supervisory work.
PRN is located on Amelia Island at the northeastern most corner of Florida. Amelia Island is better known for its rich history, 13 miles of beautiful beaches, great weather, fresh seafood and five golf courses. Whether you prefer swimming, fishing, sailing, kayaking, or paddle boarding, Amelia Island has something for everyone.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- This is a full-time on-site position.
- The Medical Director is responsible for the overall administration of PRN.
- The Medical Director ensures compliance with the requirements placed on PRN as set forth in the contracts between PRN and the entities with whom PRN contracts for impaired practitioner consultant services, including but not limited to the Florida Department of Health (“DOH”) and the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (“DBPR”).
- The Medical Director serves as an ambassador to the medical community and will conduct educational seminars and accept invitations whenever possible regarding addiction and mental health conditions and their impact on the medical community.
- The Medical Director is expected to work closely with the Federation of State Physician Health Programs as well as state and national chapters of the American Society of Addiction Medicine, in order to be well versed in useful developments in the field.
- The Medical Director is primarily responsible for PRN’s review, approval, and oversight of the evaluators, treatment providers, treatment programs, and group facilitators.
- The Medical Director is responsible for the management and proper functioning of the PRN office. The Medical Director shall direct the administrative team, as designated, to hire and supervise.
- Physician licensed (or willing to be) in Florida
- Must have clinical and leadership experience
- Must have knowledge, training, and certifications in addiction medicine and mental health issues or addiction psychiatry
- Must be a certified Medical Review Officer or willing to obtain certification
This position offers a competitive salary plus excellent benefits that include licensing fees, MRO training fees, applicable credentials fees, liability coverage, CME, health, dental, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401K plan, and others.