Associate Medical Director
Professionals Resource Network, Inc. (“PRN”) is an operator of the State of Florida’s impaired practitioner program. Through the program, PRN coordinates and manages the evaluation and referral of licensees and licensure applicants to approved treatment programs and treatment providers and then monitors the progress of program participants. The purpose of the program is to serve impaired and potentially impaired practitioners for the protection of the health, safety, and welfare of the public. PRN does not provide direct patient care. There is no night or weekend call for participants.
The Associate Medical Director is responsible for assisting the Medical Director in the overall administration of the program, referral and participant management, and monitoring oversight for PRN.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review information relating to program participants and referrals to determine appropriate handling of the case by PRN, including the referral for evaluation and treatment as indicated, and the development of the terms of program monitoring by PRN;
- Assist in properly administering and routinely assessing the policies and procedures of the impaired practitioner program for quality assurance and improvement purposes;
- Assist in ensuring that reports required by the Florida Department of Health (“DOH”) and the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (“DBPR”) are appropriately executed in a timely fashion as directed by the PRN Medical Director or Board;
- Assist in ensuring that program performance standards and measures, as specified in the DOH and DBPR contracts, are met or exceeded;
- Promote effective communication and cooperation between PRN, DOH, DBPR, the licensure boards and councils of the DBPR and DOH served by PRN, and the medical schools served by PRN;
- Represent PRN with a positive image at licensure board meetings, DOH and DBPR meetings and all other meetings and conferences as directed by the PRN Medical Director or Board;
- Provide testimony on behalf of PRN in DOH and DBPR license discipline proceedings or other civil or criminal litigation as required by subpoena or as requested by the PRN Medical Director or Board;
- Assist the PRN Medical Director in the review of treatment programs and treatment providers seeking to be approved for use by impaired practitioner program participants and referrals;
- Assist the PRN Medical Director in updating policies and procedures for approving treatment programs and treatment providers and for periodic review of the same;
- Prepare and present educational programs relating to topics relevant to the impaired practitioner program operated by PRN, as may be assigned by the PRN Medical Director; and
- Accept invitations, whenever possible, to address county medical societies, hospital medical staffs, allied health professionals, and other appropriate audiences as assigned by the PRN Medical Director.
- Physician licensed in Florida.
- Must have clinical and leadership experience.
- Must have knowledge/training and certifications in addiction medicine and mental health issues or addiction psychiatry.
- Must be a certified Medical Review Officer or willing to obtain certification.
This position offers a competitive salary plus excellent benefits that include licensing fees, MRO training fees, applicable credentials fees, liability coverage, CME, health, dental, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401K plan, and others.